You may be entitled to receive disability benefits through Social Security
Call now for your free evaluation:1-800-986-0090
The process of applying for Social Security Disability benefits is often long and complicated. There are four stages to the process, and while some applicants go through just one stage before being approved, others must go through all four before being approved or denied for benefits.
Click on the links to the left for a more detailed description of each stage.
Stage 1: Initial Application
When will I receive a decision?
What Happens during this stage?
- Citizens representatives work with you to gather all the information necessary to complete the SSDI application process.
- Once the application is complete, we will file the paperwork with your local SSA office.
- The SSA processes the claim and reviews it to determine whether the applicant meets the eligibility requirements:
- SSA representatives review your work history to verify that you have met sufficient work credits, citizenship requirements and/or asset limits
- The State Disability Determination Service (DDS) agency performs a medical determination of each applicant's disability. If necessary, the DDS office may provide additional questionnaires or request a Consultative Exam performed by a doctor of SSA's choosing and paid for by SSA.
This website is an ADVERTISEMENT. The Social Security disability information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice, and should be used for informational purposes only. Utilizing this website or contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Citizens Disability is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Social Security Administration or any other government entity or agency. Your claim may be assigned to another reputable representation organization for service.